Pages

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Prog Rises Again!

Well according to this article, it does. And who am I to argue with the Guardian?

I do like a bit of prog now and again, especially the unfashionable ELP who did get a bit tedious towards the end and who the punks regarded as boring old-farts before they themselves then disappeared up their own fundaments instead of just concentrating on the music.

Dutch rockers Focus - known for their strange yodelling and slightly avant-garde albums, have recently re-entered the charts after Hocus Pocus was selected for their Nike World Cup ad.

And of the new breed, my pick of the bunch is the mighty Mastodon whose last album, Crack the Skye, was a breathe of fresh air to my old ears - just check this out.

However the main reason for linking to this article is for the wonderful caption by Jiro Bevis that accompanies it:

As you can see it features a bevvy of stereotypical prog fans (some of them doubling up as CAMRA stereotypes too it would appear).

Can you spot me, dear reader?

1 comment:

Planet Sad said...

Are you the one with the Silver Machine? Or maybe the Needlegun? Or the... sorry, that's all the Hawkwind titles I can think of!