Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Where Did The Time Go?

It has been a long, long time since I last posted anything and as it is the start of a new year, I thought I'd try and rectify that.

If anything I find this blog a super aide memoir for yours truly as my memory gets so jumbled up and I find it hard to place games, gigs and the like.

Since my last post in late 2013, Darlington have performed brilliantly on and off the pitch. More promotions see us currently occupy a very respectable position in the National League North. Automatic promotion would probably be too much to ask this season - not convinced we're ready for it - our lack of clean sheets needs to be sorted before we can even contemplate that.

The big news is, of course, our return to Darlington on Boxing Day. This is a splendid achievement and there is a long role call of people to thank, not all still involved with the club but who helped us get started on our move to Blackwell Meadows.

Over the past season or two, my appearances have been very limited - just four games last season and not one this season.

I don't feel as if I'm missing much as there are so many ways to keep in touch - the video footage from Kevin Luff goes a long way in this respect as does listening to the odd commentary from Darlo Fans Radio.

I still have a season ticket and play the Darlo lottery so I certainly don't feel guilty that I'm not contributing.

There are plenty of other things for me to do on Saturdays - checking out the vibrant beer scene, gigs and, more recently, getting more involved in various voluntary work relating to the Thames and it's tributary the river Lea.

I don't miss the travelling at all - so much wasted time - but I will be attending a few games in the second half of the season.

In the meantime, I'll probably post a few ramblings...

No comments: